- When the library is open, public computer workstations are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- At other times, public computer workstations are available by appointment only (i.e., no walk-ins).
- All library patrons are eligible to make an appointment—patrons without a library card may obtain a guest pass from the Reference desk, which will be generated contact-free.
- Patrons may call 203-891-2170 or email email@example.com to make an appointment.
- Appointments are for COMPUTER WORKSTATION USE only. Patrons may not browse the stacks or visit any other part of the building during their appointment, except to use the public restrooms.
- Patrons may make up to two appointments for public computer workstation use per week.
- Patrons will check in with Reference staff at the side door of the library—in order to maintain proper social distancing, patrons will be checked in one at a time.
- Patrons must be on time for their appointment—late patrons will not receive additional time for computer use. In addition, the library reserves the right not to admit patrons who are more than 10 minutes late for their appointment
- Patrons must wear face coverings or masks at all times inside the library, including when seated in the public computer workstation area. (Masks must cover the nose and mouth.)
- Library staff will sanitize workstations between appointments. Cleaning wipes will also be provided at each workstation so that patrons may sanitize their desk, equipment, and chair before using the computer
- Public computer workstations may be used for 1 hour at a time.
- Patrons will check out with Reference staff when they are finished using the computer and leave via the front side door.
- Reference staff may assist patrons with computer questions or technology troubleshooting from behind the desk. For public health safety reasons, Reference staff are not able to assist patrons in the public computer workstation area.
These time slots are subject to change.